New York City is one of the world’s most exciting and vibrant cities, offering an endless array of things to see and do. Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a seasoned traveler, here are some of the top things to add to your New York City itinerary:
- Statue of Liberty: No trip to New York is complete without a visit to the iconic Statue of Liberty. Take a ferry ride to Liberty Island to see the statue up close and climb to the top for panoramic views of the city.
- Central Park: Central Park is a lush green oasis in the middle of the bustling city. Walk, bike, or rent a horse-drawn carriage to explore its many gardens, lakes, and landmarks, including Bethesda Fountain and the Bow Bridge.
- Times Square: Times Square is the pulsing heart of the city, with its bright lights, billboards, and bustling crowds. This is the place to be for shopping, dining, and people-watching.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art: The Met is one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive art museums, with a collection that spans 5,000 years of world culture. Don’t miss the American Wing, with its vast collection of American art and artifacts.
- The Empire State Building: The Empire State Building is one of the city’s most famous landmarks, offering stunning views of the city from its observation deck on the 86th floor.
- Brooklyn Bridge: Take a stroll across the iconic Brooklyn Bridge, one of the oldest suspension bridges in the United States, for breathtaking views of the city skyline and the East River.
- The High Line: The High Line is a former elevated railway turned public park that runs through the heart of Manhattan. Walk along its path to see stunning views of the city, take in its many public art installations, and enjoy its lush greenery.
These are just a few of the top things to see in New York City, so be sure to add them to your itinerary on your next visit. Whether you’re interested in art, history, or just soaking up the city’s energy, you’re sure to have an amazing time in this incredible destination.