Table of Contents
How to Find cheap flights? In today’s fast-paced world, the internet has revolutionized many aspects of our life and it also changed the way we travel. With a bunch of online platforms at our fingertips, it’s never been easier to find and book flights. However, with so many options available, sometimes it can be overwhelming to find the best deal. In this article, we will share a few tips and tricks to help you book cheap flights and make the most of your budget.
When is the Best Time to Buy?
One of the most common questions travelers ask is, “When is the best time to buy flight tickets?” Although there isn’t a one-size-fits-all answer, certain trends can help you make an optimal decision.
- Advance Booking: In general, booking your flights well in advance can help you save money. According to various studies, booking your tickets between three to four months before your departure date is the sweet spot for finding the best deals. If you are planning on going to a popular destination during peak time, it may be better to book your tickets even earlier than that.
- Day of the Week: The day of the week you book your tickets can also impact the price. While there is no universally agreed-upon “best” day, studies have shown that booking on a Tuesday or Wednesday can often result in lower fares. I know that some bloggers say it’s just a myth, but believe me, on Tuesdays and Wednesdays we are quite often overloaded with airlines deals to be posted at wowtrips.eu
- Time of Day: Similarly, the time of day you book your tickets can also make a difference. Late-night and early-morning bookings tend to be cheaper, as fewer people are online searching for flights during these hours.
- Seasonal Trends: Keep an eye on seasonal trends, as ticket prices can fluctuate based on the time of year. For instance, booking during the off-peak season can help you save money, as airlines are more likely to offer discounted fares to fill empty seats.
Be Flexible with Your Dates
Flexibility is key when it comes to finding cheap flight tickets. Here are some ways to be more flexible with your travel dates:
- Use Flexible Search Options: Many online booking platforms offer flexible search options that allow you to search for flights within a specific date range. This can help you find the cheapest available options without having to manually search for each date.
- Consider Alternative Airports: If you’re flying to or from a major city, it’s likely that there are multiple airports nearby. Sometimes, flights to or from smaller airports can be significantly cheaper. Be sure to compare prices between airports before making a decision.
- Be Open to Layovers: Non-stop flights are often more expensive than those with layovers. If you’re willing to spend a bit more time traveling, consider booking a flight with one or more layovers to save money.
- Travel Mid-Week: Flights are generally cheaper during the middle of the week, as there is less demand. If possible, try to plan your trip between Tuesday and Thursday to take advantage of lower fares.
Use Price Comparison Websites and Apps
There are numerous price comparison websites and apps available that can help you find cheap flights. These platforms aggregate prices from multiple airlines and booking websites, allowing you to easily compare your options. Some popular price comparison tools include:
In most cases, you can buy tickets on these sites for a lower price than directly from the airlines, and they also compare prices with the airlines, giving you the option to buy directly from them. Probably the only drawback with ticket aggregators is that if your flight gets cancelled, you will have to get in touch with them to get a refund or change flights. So, make sure you read reviews about resellers, and in case there is a problem, you know that their customer service is capable of helping you.
Sign up for Fare Alerts
Many online booking platforms offer fare alerts that notify you when prices drop for your desired route. By signing up for these alerts, you can stay informed about the best deals and book your tickets when prices are at their lowest.
Join Airline Loyalty Programs and Use Credit Card Rewards
Airline loyalty programs and credit card rewards can help you save money on flights. By signing up for these programs, you can earn points or miles for every flight you book. These points can then be redeemed for discounted or even free flights in the future. Additionally, many credit cards offer travel rewards, such as points or cashback, for every purchase made using the card. By strategically using these rewards, you can significantly reduce the cost of your flight tickets.
- Choose the Right Loyalty Program: Different airlines have different loyalty programs, so it’s essential to choose the one that best suits your travel habits. Research various programs and consider factors such as the airline’s route network, alliance partners, and redemption options before committing.
- Maximize Credit Card Rewards: Many credit cards offer generous travel rewards, including bonus points for booking flights, hotels, and other travel-related expenses. Be sure to use these cards when making travel arrangements to maximize your rewards.
- Look for Promotions: Airlines and credit card companies often run promotions that allow you to earn extra points or miles for a limited time. Keep an eye out for these promotions to boost your rewards balance and save on future flights.
Book with Budget Airlines
Budget airlines offer a no-frills travel experience at a fraction of the cost of traditional airlines. By cutting out amenities such as in-flight meals and entertainment, these airlines can offer significantly lower fares. Some popular budget airlines include:
- Ryanair (Ryanair flight deals on our website)
- Wizz Air (Wizz Air flight deals on our website)
When booking with budget airlines, be aware of additional fees for services such as checked baggage, seat selection, and priority boarding. To keep costs low, only pay for the services you truly need. Read more about that in our articles about Ryanair and Wizz Air.
Conclusion on how to find cheap flights
Booking cheap flights online doesn’t have to be a daunting task. By following these strategies, such as being flexible with your travel dates, using price comparison websites, signing up for fare alerts, taking advantage of loyalty programs and credit card rewards, and considering budget airlines, you can save money on your flights and make the most of your travel budget.